Educators are invited to explore and utilize the lesson plans created for CT AHEC’s HOT Guide. Developed by certified teachers, the lesson plans offer topic specific curriculum and activities to expand student knowledge.
We encourage educators to adjust as necessary to meet the needs and educational level of your students.
H.O.T. Guide Lessons Table of Contents
2. Identifying Necessary Skills
5. HOT Guide Sorting Activity 1 & 2 Lessons
6. Using a Pugh Matrix- An Engineer’s Tool
7. Gantt Charts- An Engineer’s Timeline
8. Engineering and Design Processes that Biomedical Engineers Use
9. A Nutritionist’s Concern- Vitamin D Deficiency
10-11. Blood Pressure (Problems and Lab)
12-13. Medical Scans (Problems and Learning Tasks)
18. Physics of Sound and Hearing
19. Physics of Fluid and Pressure
20. Physics of the Eye and Lens
21-23. HOT Health Department Careers
Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals